Chicago Banana

Personal musings of female residing at times in the greater Chicago area.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

A new look at the old command

I received this line in an email yesterday: "Don't have sex outside of marriage," but I think do nothing outside of his perfect timing. Pride is as dangerous as fortification."

And suddenly it made sense. Not haveing sex outside of marriage has a lot of consequences, but a huge part of it really is the idea of not doing anything outside of God's perfect timing. I think about how often I have forgotten that, just worried about something until it is in shreds.

Like right now.

Actually freshman year someone prophesied over me that I tend to do that and need to learn to slow down, but since not everyone who reads this blog is charismatic, I'm not going to tire my wrists on something which would just make some people defensive.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger feesh said…

    charismatic as in prophesizing? when i think charismatic, i think of speaking in tongues. but i don't know what tongue because i've read your posting about worshiping in latin, and i think that is different from the 'tongue' i'm talking about. or maybe charismatic as in "slain in the spirit"
    what does it mean to be charismatic anyway?

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Duchess of Hope said…

    I don't really know what charismatic means either.

    Ben, do you want to give a shout out here?

    When I mean charismatic I mean stuff with speaking in tongues, prophesy, healing, stuff like that. Speaking in tongues like people speaking in a language they have never actually learned.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home