Chicago Banana

Personal musings of female residing at times in the greater Chicago area.

Friday, April 08, 2005

Random, but funny...

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal or website along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the "coolest" book you can find. Do what's actually next to you.

My sentence was actually really pointless, because it comes in the middle of a paragraph, and the first four sentences were actually important:

"But they can't, so psychologists let behavior do the talking."

Let me try another book (even though that's contra-instructions):

"The world is immanent in the life of God and God is immanent in the life of the world, but God does not possess 'prior actuality' to the world process."

How about this one:

"Eigentlich sollten der Kaiser und der von ihm berufene Reichskanzler das Reich regieren."

The funny part is none of these sentences make sense to you the reader.

Maybe this one's better:
"It was less momentous for a woman to be pregnant who was saved and not sanctified or not saved at all than it was for a saint actually to fall and, for a time, be suspended from the church." - they are talking about the Jamaican church here.

Last one:
"It is not that I do not trust the numbers when it comes to adolescent sexuality. But I am aware of the severe limitations of the kind of research employed in this field of inquiry."

2 Comments:

  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger mark hussey said…

    "But that it was toward Bryn, and toward Elwynor, and that in the gray space, Crissand remained that tight, unassailable...that alarmed him."

    -From one of my Dad's science fiction books that sit directly behind me while I'm on the computer.

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger mark hussey said…

    "'Do you want me to kick you?', said Ford."

    -From my own book shelf, just entirely coincedence that the book happened to be the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and it really was the first book I layed eyes on...that boggles my mind in a very not at all ironic way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home